Oxford Brookes Library has thousands of ebooks available to read, wherever you are. But it’s not always easy to know where to start.
To complement your module reading lists, we’re gathering together great ebooks you may not have seen yet, on a range of themes.
Here are five ebooks on prisons, available to all Oxford Brookes students and staff:
- The environmental psychology of prisons and jails : creating humane spaces in secure settings by Richard E. Wener.
- Pain and retribution : a short history of British prisons 1066 to the present by David Wilson.
- Offenders or citizens? : readings in rehabilitation edited by Philip Priestley and Maurice Vanstone.
- Analysing women’s imprisonment by Pat Carlen and Anne Worrall.
- Understanding prisons by Andrew Coyle.
You can find other books and ebooks on this topic on LibrarySearch.
Don’t forget to explore The Five Ebooks You Need on other topics!