Oxford Brookes Library has thousands of ebooks available to read, wherever you are. But it’s not always easy to know where to start.
To complement your module reading lists, we’re gathering together great ebooks you may not have seen yet, on a range of themes.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, here are five inspirational ebooks, available to all Oxford Brookes students and staff:
- Sister outsider by Audre Lorde.
- The second sex by Simone de Beauvoir.
- Make it happen : how to be an activist by Amika George.
- No one is too small to make a difference by Greta Thunberg.
- Feminism, interrupted : disrupting power by Lola Olufemi.
You can find other books and ebooks on this topic on LibrarySearch. And, if you want to go further, our Activism reading list has a section dedicated to women’s rights.
Don’t forget to explore The Five Ebooks You Need on other topics!