Oxford Brookes Library has thousands of ebooks available to read, wherever you are. But it’s not always easy to know where to start.
To complement your module reading lists, we’re gathering together great ebooks you may not have seen yet, on a range of themes.
Here are five ebooks on popular music, available to all Oxford Brookes students and staff:
- What is post-punk? : genre and identity in avant-garde popular music, 1977-82 by Mimi Haddon.
- Soda goes pop : Pepsi-Cola advertising and popular music by Joanna K Love.
- Switched on pop : how popular music works, and why it matters by Nate Sloan and Charlie Harding.
- Metal music and the re-imagining of masculinity, place, race and nation by Karl Spracklen
- Popular music, stars and stardom edited by Stephen Loy, Julie Rickwood and Samantha Bennett.
You can find other books and ebooks on this topic on LibrarySearch.
Don’t forget to explore The Five Ebooks You Need on other topics!