Oxford Brookes Library has thousands of ebooks available to read, wherever you are. But it’s not always easy to know where to start.
To complement your module reading lists, we’re gathering together great ebooks you may not have seen yet, on a range of themes.
Here are five ebooks about children learning to read, available to all Oxford Brookes students and staff:
- Children learning to read : international concerns edited by Pamela Owen and Peter Pumfrey.
- Inspiring children to read and write for pleasure : using literature to inspire literacy learning for ages 8-12 by Fred Sedgwick.
- Literacy goes to school : the parents’ role in young children’s literacy learning by Jo Weinberger.
- Many pathways to literacy : young children learning with siblings, grandparents, peers, and communities edited by Eve Gregory, Susi Long and Dinah Volk.
- Children and learning to read by Elizabeth J. Goodacre.
You can find other books and ebooks on this topic on LibrarySearch.
Don’t forget to explore The Five Ebooks You Need on other topics!